REGISTER TO DONATE BLOOD AT THE BROOKLYN TECH BLOOD DRIVE ON DECEMBER 19th
Click here to find out more information and to register to donate blood.
BROOKLYN TECH BLOOD DRIVERead all information below in its entirety or you may not be allowed to donate due to not following the instructions:
ALL STUDENTS PERMISSION SLIP: CLICK HERE
16 YEAR OLD PERMISSION SLIP: CLICK HERE
WHO: Students 16+, staff, and parents
WHY: Giving blood is one of the most important acts of charity a person can do. So for this holiday season, why not give back to those in need? Not only does your donation not cost you a dime, but it has the potential to save someone's life! Our goal is 100 donations which will save 300 lives!!
IN ADDITION YOU’LL RECEIVE:
· 2020年欧洲杯时间表2 club credits for donating blood*
· 2020年欧洲杯时间表A red tassel for graduation commemorating your kind service with 2 blood donations*
· Free treats provided afterwards
· A donor blood card mailed from the New York Blood Center after your first donation
*Two attempted donations count as well. An attempted donation means you brought in all proper permission slips, registered for an appointment, met with the phlebotomist and were not medically cleared to donate. You must be a senior to get a tassel. Your two donations/attempts must occur in the same academic year.
STEP 1: PERMISSION SLIPS
2020年欧洲杯时间表Get the appropriate permission slips signed. If the permission slips are not filled out correctly, you will not be allowed to donate. Electronic copies are not allowed. Phone calls with parents are also not sufficient.
You must be 16 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds to donate blood.
1. Brooklyn Tech Permission Slip: ALL STUDENTS must have the general permission slip signed and NOTORIZED, even if you are 18. ALL students are required to have this permission slip signed and notarized in order to donate blood**. Bring the slip to the blood drive.
Note: You can only donate blood DURING YOUR LUNCH PERIOD OR AFTER YOUR LAST CLASS OF THE DAY. If your appointment is during lunch, then you must have the teacher of the period following your lunch sign the permission slip, granting you permission to miss that class should the donation take longer than expected. 2020年欧洲杯时间表You are responsible for all missed and assigned work.
2. 16 Year Old NY Blood Center Permission Slip: If you are 16, you MUST also have the following permission slip signed. This one does not need to be notarized.
Bring the permission slip(s) with you the day of the drive. If you do not have them or if they are not filled out correctly, you will not be allowed to donate. Parent phone calls will not be made to grant permission for donation. Electronic copies will not be accepted either.
A document that has been notarized is one that has been marked with a stamp which indicates that the signature on the document is legitimate. A notary watches you sign a document, and then places the stamp near your signature. This shows that your parents signed the permission slip and that signatures were not forged.
HOW TO FIND A NOTARY:
Go to your bank or find one by using this link:
STEP 2: BLOOD DONATION APPOINTMENT:
Sign up for an appointment via the link below. Reminder: You can only donate blood DURING YOUR LUNCH PERIOD OR AFTER YOUR LAST CLASS OF THE DAY. If your appointment is during lunch, then you must have the teacher of the period following your lunch sign the permission slip, granting you permission to miss that class should the donation take longer than expected.
2020年欧洲杯时间表If you already have donated blood with the NY Blood Center, you can use your existing login information which is your email address. If you haven’t, then you will register for an account when you sign up for your appointment.
Sign up for your appointment here:
STEP 3: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A BLOOD DONATION
2020年欧洲杯时间表Before the Drive:
- Eat regular meals and drink plenty of fluids in the days leading up to the blood drive.
- Eat at least one good-sized meal on the day of the drive.
2020年欧洲杯时间表The Day of the Drive:
- You should feel well and not be sick on the day of the drive.
- Fill out a health history form on the computer.
- Meet with a phlebotomist who will review your medical history form. The phlebotomist will check your temperature, blood pressure, and hemoglobin levels to clear you for donation. Note that coffee can lower your hemoglobin count so drink it a few hours prior to donating. You can ask the phlebotomist any questions about your eligibility to donate that day.
- If medically cleared by the phlebotomist, you will then make your blood donation. It takes 10-12 minutes to draw blood. The blood drive is organized by the New York Blood Center which must meet FDA regulations. More information about the organization can be found here:
- Eat snacks and drink juice after donation.
- Relax 15 minutes.
- Go home with a friend.
- Hydrate for the next 48 hours.
- If you are donating at the end of the school day, you are required to travel home with a friend or parent.
Email inquiries to Mr. Kaelin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blood Drive Permission Slip ALL Students need to get Notarized Dec 2019.pdf (307 KB)
- Permission Slip for 16 year olds_ only.pdf (104 KB)