Early Sign Out
- All persons picking up children must enter the building at the North East Entrance (South Elliot & DeKalb) and present a VALID, GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. Please be advised, as per DOE Regulations, the school cannot release students to persons without a photo identification. Credit cards, library cards, medical insurance cards and employment identification are not considered valid forms of identification.
- Students who are under the age of 18 CANNOT sign themselves out of school.
- Parents/Guardians CANNOT give verbal permission for students to leave school unaccompanied if they are underage.
- ONLY persons who appear on NYCDOE Records or the Emergency Blue Contact Card may sign a student out for dismissal. Parents cannot give permission over the telephone or in writing to have someone who is not listed sign their child out of school.
- If you know in advance that you will be picking them up from school, please make arrangements for your child to meet you in Room 1W2 at a specific time. In an effort to minimize disruptions to instruction, your meeting time should be in conjunction with the school bell schedule.
- There is no mechanism to find students during their lunch period or a study period. Staff members cannot roam the cafeteria looking for a child or make building wide announcements to summon a student to Room 1W2.
Dropping Off Items
- Security at the North East entrance will contact Room 1W2 to have someone meet you to receive the item to be dropped off. Please make sure you child knows to retrieve their items in Room 1W2.
- Staff members will not deliver items to your child.
- Staff members will not call their classrooms and disrupt classroom instruction.
- Please make sure the item(s) you are dropping off are in a bag and are clearly labeled with your child’s name, grade level, and prefect.
- Please do not call or text your child while they are in class. If your child does not pick up the item on the day you dropped it off, they can come to 1W2 the following day to retrieve their package.
Meeting With Staff Members
- Please be advised that all visitors must have a scheduled appointment to meet with a teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator.