As the classroom teacher, you must make arrangements for the student to have their accommodations met.
If you cannot meet your students accommodations yourself, an accommodation room has been established to assist you. Room 4E12 will be monitored several periods each day to serve students in need. To implement this option:
- If student is opting to use their accommodations, which can vary with each assessment you give, you can provide them with extended time, use of technology, etc. in the classroom.
- If extended time is required, you can find out when the student is available and have them return to your class or a colleague’s class to finish their mandated time.
- If you are concerned about the student seeing the exam, then you should break the exam into parts giving them only what is needed in class and the rest at their return time.
- Teachers can use their professional period to administer the exam as well as their extra period which is for student focused activities.
- If a student opts to NOT use their accommodations, they should sign on the exam that they opted not to use their accommodations.
- An accommodations form must be filled out by you and delivered to the room with the exam. It should be put in a sealed envelope (envelopes will be left in the room) inside the file drawer.
- Students can go there to complete their exam in a supervised setting.
- It will be placed back in the file drawer for you to pick up.